Config Helper Pro
The Config Helper Library has the ability to manage all your .NET configuration needs. Read/write to the registry, application configuration, and INI files with a single line of code. Everything is 100% managed code.
While it can be purchased separately, this product is also included in the Gold Suite. Gold Suite subscribers receive all product updates and all new products as part of a yearly subscription. It is the best value in the industry.
Registry Reader Writer Features
- Intelligent default sub keys
- Ability to write to all registry locations (locations other than CurrentUser require admin rights)
- Ability to read from all registry locations
- Ability to delete registry keys and sub trees
- Get all the values for a section
Configuration Reader Writer Features
- Automatically selects the default app.config or web.config
- Ability to use external configuration files
- Read and write from the application settings section
- Read and write from the connection strings section
- Read from custom sections
- Detect if an application setting or connection string exists
INI Reader Writer Features
- No calls to COM Interop
- Static methods for replacing old COM calls including: GetPrivateProfileInt, GetPrivateProfileString, and WritePrivateProfileString
- Read, write, and delete settings.
- Ability to process escape characters
- Ability to change the comment character or the delimiter
- Get all the values for a section
Download a free 30 day trial today.
- Full working version
- Includes technical support
- Works with .NET 2.0 and higher
The Config Helper Pro requires the following system configuration.
- Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000 with SP4, Windows ME, Windows XP with SP2, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 2000 Server with SP4, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2016
- .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, or 4.6
// Registry Reader Writer Example
RegistryReaderWriter reg = new RegistryReaderWriter (); // trial mode
// RegistryReaderWriter reg = new RegistryReaderWriter ("place user name here", "place license here"); // license mode
reg.Write( "ReadTest" , "ReadTestValue" );
object registryValue = reg.Read( "ReadTest" );
// Config Reader Writer Example
ConfigReaderWriter config = new ConfigReaderWriter (); // trial mode
// ConfigReaderWriter config = new ConfigReaderWriter ("place user name here", "place license here"); // license mode
config.WriteAppSetting( "MySettingName" , "MySettingValue" );
Console .WriteLine(config.ReadAppSetting( "MySettingName" ));
// INI Reader Writer Example
IniReaderWriter iniReaderWriter = new IniReaderWriter (); // trial mode
//IniReaderWriter iniReaderWriter = new IniReaderWriter("place user name here", "place license key here"); // license mode
iniReaderWriter.SaveSetting( "MySection" , "MySettingName" , "MySettingValue" , "MySettingsFile.ini" );
string results = iniReaderWriter.GetSetting( "MySection" , "MySettingName" , "MySettingsFile.ini" );
Q: How do I use my license key?
A: IniReaderWriter iniReaderWriter = new IniReaderWriter("place user name here", "place license key here");
Q: I lost my license key how do I retrieve it?
A: Go to your account
Q: I lost my software how do I retrieve it?
A: Go to downloads
Q: Where can I download the latest version of my software?
A: Click the download tab.
Q: How does the licensing work?
A: Each developer that uses the library must have a license. You may distribute your application to end users royalty free. A site license is for all the developers in a single building.
Q: What happens when the trial expires?
A: An exception is thrown, indicating that the trial is expired.
|6/22/2015||1.07||New feature, the ability to load and save global sections in an INI file.|
|2/24/2016||1.08||Builds for .NET Framework 4.5.2 and 4.6. The library remains 100% managed code but is now compatible with COM.|