- In .NET, compare words, strings, streams and files with a single line of C# or VB.NET code.
- Detects added, deleted, and changed lines.
- Recognizes code block begin and end tags.
- Case Sensitive or Insensitive Matches.
- Option to ignore horizontal and vertical white space differences .
- Ability to exclude textual differences by contains, starts with, ends with, or regular expressions.
- Output differences to CSV Streams and Files.
- Output differences to HTML Streams and Files.
- Output differences to Text Streams and Files.
- Output differences to DataTables.
- Works with .NET 3.5 or higher.
- Distribute with your application royalty free.
While it can be purchased separately, this product is also included in the Gold Suite. Gold Suite subscribers receive all product updates and all new products as part of a yearly subscription. It is the best value in the industry.
Download a free 30 day trial today.
- Full working version
- Includes technical support
- Works with .NET 3.5 and higher
The Whats Changed requires the following system configuration.
- Windows XP with SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2016
- .NET Framework 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, or 4.6
CompareLogic compareLogic = new CompareLogic (); //Trial Mode
//CompareLogic compareLogic = new CompareLogic("place user name here", "place license key here"); //License Mode
//Compare two files
File .WriteAllText( "original.txt" , "This line was deleted.\r\nThis line is the same.\r\nThis line is a changed." );
File .WriteAllText( "changed.txt" , "This line is the same.\r\nThis line was changed.\r\nThis line was added." );
ComparisonResult result = compareLogic.CompareFiles( "original.txt" , "changed.txt" );
//Output to HTML, also can export to CSV, or DataTable
OutputHtmlLogic outputLogic = new OutputHtmlLogic ();
outputLogic.OutputToFile(result, "CompareFilesTest.html" );
//Show the file in the browser
System.Diagnostics. Process proc = new System.Diagnostics. Process ();
proc.StartInfo.FileName = "CompareFilesTest.html" ;
Q: How do I use my license key?
A: CompareLogic compareLogic = new CompareLogic("place user name here", "place license key here");
Q: I lost my license key how do I retrieve it?
A: Go to your account
Q: I lost my software how do I retrieve it?
A: Go to downloads
Q: Where can I download the latest version of my software?
A: Click the download tab.
Q: How does the licensing work?
A: Each developer that uses the library must have a license. You may distribute your application to end users royalty free. A site license is for all the developers in a single building.
Q: What happens when the trial expires?
A: An exception is thrown, indicating that the trial is expired.
|6/21/2013||1.0.0||Initial Release. Library for comparing words, strings, streams and files with a single line of code. Output differences to CSV, HTML, Text, or Data Tables.|
|9/12/2013||1.1.0||New functionality includes the ability to compare and output in different encoding formats.|
|11/23/2013||1.2.0||New build for .NET Framework 4.5 and 4.5.1.|
|3/22/2014||1.5.0||Fixes for an HTML File Comparison Problem and a licensing issue.|
|9/10/2014||1.6.0||This is a minor update to support combined licensing for Gold Suite customers.|
|10/18/2014||1.7.0||This update fixes a compatibility issue with projects using ClickOnce deployments.|
|6/20/2015||1.8.0||Project site url change.|
|2/24/2016||1.9||Builds for .NET Framework 4.5.2 and 4.6. The library remains 100% managed code but is now compatible with COM.|
|10/22/2016||1.11||Broken hyper links have been corrected in the help file.|
|12/22/2017||1.15||Fix for output to stream being closed. New feature for OutputHtmlLogic for OutputString.|
|9/14/2019||1.16||Builds for .NET Framework 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, and 4.8.|